Wednesday, October 1, 2014

“Escaping the People-Pleaser Trap”

 “Escaping the People-Pleaser Trap,” Pastor Rick talked about how allowing the need for approval to dominate you will cause you to miss God’s gifts and purpose for your life. As you go through your week, use the Message Action Plan below to help put the things you’ve learned into practice.
If you missed last weekend’s message, click here to watch it online.
_____________________
  1. Reflect on the key verse:
  2. It is a dangerous trap to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord, you are safe.
    Proverbs 29:25 (TEV)
  3. Check the one or two truths that best help you to see the trap of being a people pleaser:
    ❏ It causes me to miss God’s purpose for me
    ❏ It keeps my faith from growing
    ❏ It leads to sin
    ❏ It causes hypocrisy
    ❏ It silences my witness
  4. Check the one or two truths that best help you to escape the trap of being a people pleaser:
  5. ❏ Even God can’t please everyone
    ❏ I don’t need anyone’s approval to be happy
    “I am the One who comforts you! So why are you afraid of mere humans, who wither like the grass and disappear?”Isaiah 51:12 (NLT)
    ❏ What seems so important is only temporary
    The world and everything in it that people desire is passing away; but those who do the will of God will live forever.
    1 John 2:17 (TEV)
    ❏ I only have to please one person
    Paul: “I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.
    Galatians 1:10 (NLT)
    ❏ One day I will give an account of my life
    Yes, each of us will [have to] give a personal account to God.
    Romans 14:12 (NLT)
    ❏ Be who God shaped me to be
    Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its own mold, but let God re-mold your minds from within, so that you may prove in practice that the plan of God for you is good, meets all his demands and moves towards the goal of true maturity.
    Romans 12:2 (Ph)
  6. What can I do to please God this week?

3 comments:

  1. Hello Happy new year i had relationship struggles in the past which led to a break up with my ex. I later came across an article on how love spells can restore broken relationship. I got this email address and ordered a love spell, to my greatest surprise my Partner came back into my arms :) hopefully this helps someone out there too. contact him via what-apps +1) 914 208 8349 Drlawrencespelltemple @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GENUINE AND FAST LOTTERY AND LOVE SPELL CASTER 
      Dear friends, i am from united states i had a problem with my husband 2years ago, which lead to our break up. when he broke up with me, i was not my self again, i felt so empty inside me. until a friend of mine Walt Pen told me about a spell caster who helped her in the same problem too. i email DR.Gbojie, the spell caster and i told him my problem and i did what he asked of me, to cut the long story short. before i knew what was happening my husband gave me a call and told me that he was coming back to me in just 2days and was so happy to have him back to me. thanks to DR.Gbojie for saving my relationship and for also saving others own too. continue your good work the great spell caster email : gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on : +2349066410185 website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me/

      Delete
  2. URGENT AND EFFECTIVE POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER WHO RESTORED HAPPINESS IN MY RELATIONSHIP am here to share with you my life experience on how a great man called Dr gbojie saved me and my marriage.I have been Married & Barren for for 5 years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue.i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr gbojie asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening in my life since i met this Dr gbojie .I want to tell all the women/men out there who have a similar situation like mine,that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com,gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com His spells is for a better life OR call his number +2349066410185 website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me 

    ReplyDelete