Saturday, January 10, 2015

BECOMING BEST FRIENDS WITH GOD

BECOMING BEST FRIENDS WITH GOD
Awesome Relationships – Part 5
Rick Warren
November 29-30, 2014

GOD Wants your friendship!
Adam & Eve were created for a personal loving relationship 
with God and to live in a continual bond with God.  
Sin caused a break in the relationship with God.

“Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you.”
James 4:8

David, Moses, Noah, Enoch, Job were called "Friends of God".
Guilt and fear caused most people to not have a close relationship with God.
-------------------------------------------------------
Jesus built a new bridge through the cross.
Now through his sacrifice direct access once available again without a priest or self sacrifices.
“We were restored to friendship with God by the death of his Son
while we were still his enemies, so we will certainly be delivered from
eternal punishment by his life. NOW we can rejoice in our
wonderful new relationship with God—all because of what our Lord
Jesus Christ has done for us in making us friends of God! Romans
5:10-11

How radical for the God of the universe, creator to call us His close, intimate friends.
Jesus:“I no longer call you servants... Instead, I call you my friends!”
John 15:15

"Friend": translated intimate, trusted, close, best friends in the inner circle.
Close friends enjoy direct access, confidentiality, and relaxation.
-------------------------------------------------------------
God becomes jealous when we put other things in our lives as a priority.
“. . . He is a God who is passionate about his relationship with you.”
Exodus 34:14

GOD: “I don’t want your sacrifices—I want your love; I don’t want
your offerings—I want you to know me! Hosea 6:6 (LB)

“Starting from scratch, God made the entire human race and made the
earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living so that we
could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but
actually find him!Acts 17:26-27

God did not put you on this planet to just do and exist... it is to know and love God.
He orchestrated all the world so you could come to know Him and become His friend.
That is why HE sent Jesus to introduce us to Himself.
-----------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO BUILD A FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD
1. Make knowing God my #1 Priority.
Seek first the Kingdom of God.... Make each day count for knowing and walking with Christ daily.
“Everything else is worthless compared with the priceless gain
of knowing Christ Jesus. I’ve discarded everything else, counting it
all as garbage, so that I may know Christ.” Philippians3:8 (NLT)

“You will find me when you seek me with ALL your heart.”
Jeremiah 29:13
Are you seeking God with all your heart daily?
You are as close to God as you want to be.

If you feel God is far away... guess who moved?  Not God!

People brag about what is most important to them.
Jeremiah 9:23-24: Brag about knowing God...

WORRY means you do not know God.
You are acting like an atheist when you worry you don't trust God.

2. Slow down and be quiet & wait and listen to God.
 “Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalms 46:10a (NIV)

“Friendship with the Lord is reserved for those who reverence him.
With them he shares the secrets of his covenant.” Psalms 25:14

Friends spend time together.  
Close friends make time for each other.

“When you come before God, don’t turn it into a theatrical
production . . . Just find a quiet, secluded place so you won’t be
tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and
honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God,
and you will begin to sense his grace.” Matthew6:5-6

3. Decide whose friendship you want most.  You don't have time for everybody, be selective.
“You should know that loving the world is the same as hating God.
Anyone who wants to be a friend of the ‘world’ becomes an enemy
of God.” James 4:4 (NCV)

1 Timothy 6:21: "Some people miss the most important things in life, they don't know God."

You are not a friend of God when you care about other things more.
Loving the world's value system, you will become the enemy of God.
God wants us to love people and use things... not use people and love things.
To be a friend of God, you need to care about what HE cares about.
Change your value system to be in alignment with God's values.

 Jesus:“You are my friends if you obey me.” John 15:9 - 14 (NLT)
We are friends of God, but we are not equal to God.
You can't say "I am a follower of Jesus, Christian, and live contrary to God's word and disobey God."
A friend obeys God, because He loves us.... not obedience out of guilt, duty, fear, obligation.

We have the freedom to make any choices good or bad.  But remember:
"Kicks can have a kick back."


4.Maintain a constant conversation with God.
“Pray all the time!” 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Muslims pray 5 times a day.
Christians are expected to pray ALL the time ALL Day.

“My determined purpose is that I may know Him—that I may
progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with
Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of
His Person more strongly and more clearly.” Philippians3:10 (Amp)

5. Trust God in your pain.

The difference between an acquaintance and a friend 
is you talk with acquaintances, but you trust your friends.

Pain is the fuel of passion.  God allows pain to draw you closer to Him.  
The more honest you are with God the deeper and authentic your relationship with Him will be.
Come to God with your fears, faults, failures, relationships, etc. 

“Cast all your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; HE will
never let the righteous fall.” Psalm 55:22
Bitterness is a cancer that will keep you from being close to God.

In Trouble? God offers His help!
“I’ll get you out of your trouble. And I’ll give you the best of care
if you’ll only get to know and trust me.” Psalm 91:14 (Mes)

Drifted Away From God?  God will restore you.
“If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve
me. If you speak words that are worthy, you will be my spokesman.
You are to influence them; do not let them influence you!”
Jeremiah 15:19 (NLT)Have others influenced you in the wrong way?  Return to God to be restored, God is not finished with you yet.  It doesn't matter where you have been, it matters where you are going.

“No one shows greater love than when he lays down his life for his
friends. And you are my friends IF you do what I command.”
John 15:13-14
“And this is what God commands: that we believe in his Son, Jesus
Christ, and that we love each other, just as he commanded.”
1 John 3:23 (NCV)

2 comments:

  1. GENUINE AND FAST LOTTERY AND LOVE SPELL CASTER 
    Dear friends, i am from united states i had a problem with my husband 2years ago, which lead to our break up. when he broke up with me, i was not my self again, i felt so empty inside me. until a friend of mine Walt Pen told me about a spell caster who helped her in the same problem too. i email DR.Gbojie, the spell caster and i told him my problem and i did what he asked of me, to cut the long story short. before i knew what was happening my husband gave me a call and told me that he was coming back to me in just 2days and was so happy to have him back to me. thanks to DR.Gbojie for saving my relationship and for also saving others own too. continue your good work the great spell caster email : gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on : +2349066410185 website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  2. URGENT AND EFFECTIVE POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER WHO RESTORED HAPPINESS IN MY RELATIONSHIP am here to share with you my life experience on how a great man called Dr gbojie saved me and my marriage.I have been Married & Barren for for 5 years i had no child. i have never been pregnant i was a subject of laughter from my Friends & neighbors, i almost lost my marriage because of this issue.i was so confused that i did not know what to do until i came across this great Dr online and i contacted him at once i was scared weather it was going to work because i never believed things like this before, so i decided to give it a try and i did all what Dr gbojie asked of me and today to my greatest surprise i took in the first time and i gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and now my marriage that was about crashing before is now restored. my husband now love and want me better, Am so happy for everything that have been happening in my life since i met this Dr gbojie .I want to tell all the women/men out there who have a similar situation like mine,that the world is not over YET they should dry up their tears and contact this great man and their problem will be gone or are you also having other problems you can also contact gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com,gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com His spells is for a better life OR call his number +2349066410185 website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me 

    ReplyDelete